BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Virgin Galactic Unveils Spaceport America Spaceship


With Spaceport America under construction, the dream of commercial spaceflight is quickly becoming a reality, and Monday proved that even more with the unveiling of the ship that will be flying out of southern New Mexico.“I think it's very modern looking, I like the way that it looks. It kind of remind me a bit of Star Trek,” said Nancy Cambell of South Las Cruces.But it's not Star Trek, and it's not science fiction. It's reality, and Monday, Richard Branson of Virgin Galactic unveiled the spacecraft known as SpaceShip Two (SS2), the world’s first ever manned commercial space ship. Of course, Branson being the one behind making the dream a reality will be the first to make the trip into space.“I will be the first to go into space. I will be bringing my children, Holly and Sam, and my parents Ted and Sam. So, I'm obviously a believer,” said Branson.For only $200,000, you can be a part of history and soar in orbit looking down at Earth too.“No, no, we are definitely not going to be buying a ticket, I can assure you of that,” said Cambell.“If I had like 20 million bucks, maybe,” said New Mexico State University student Hector Gonzales.The SS2 is expected to be flying out of New Mexico sometime in 2011 when Spaceport America if finished.

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/21892849/detail.html

0 comments: