BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Stuart Baird Says He Has Given Star Trek Nemesis His Best Shot

ToTal Sci Fi just posted another of their "Archive Interviews", this time an interview with Star Trek Nemesis director Stuart Baird, originally published in the british Dreamwatch magazine issue 99 (December 2002). Here are few excerpts of the interview.

"It looks very big," Baird said about Nemesis at the time. "These Star Trek movies have very tight budgets, so I think people will be surprised at the scale of the picture. I think the cast has done a great job. Jerry Goldsmith has done an excellent score and Digital Domain has done an excellent job on the visual effects. I think everybody has done really well.

"I've given it my best shot," he stated firmly. "I've made the best possible picture I can with the resources I was given. I'm proud of what I've done, and I think it's going to surprise a lot of people as a Star Trek picture."

"My greatest wish is that the fans will love this movie," he declared. "I hope the fans will want to see it several times, because it's got so much in it for them. I really don't want to disappoint any of the fans. Even though I'm not a Trekkie myself, I respect all those people who have loved the characters all these years."

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/12/29/Stuart-Baird-Says-He-Has-Given-Star-Trek-Nemesis-His-Best-Shot.shtml

0 comments: