BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Star Trek Convention: Las Vegas

Where are you right now? Are you not at the annual Star Trek convention in Las Vegas? If you're not there, you're missing out. Star Trek and Kirk/Spock fanfiction hasn't been this popular since...well, since my mom watched it, and I was pretty shocked to find that tidbit of information out.
Ok so, I didn't exactly know there was a Star Trek convention this weekend, and now tickets are sold out. But let's gear up for next year, shall we? That will give us ample time to mold our Vulcan ears out of Play-Doh and practice the hand symbol (maybe I only know about these things because I only watched the latest Star Trek movie, so I'll admit I'm a bit of a neophyte "Trekkie"--not as knowledgable as Sheldon from Big Bang Theory [side note in a side note: why is Big Bang Theory such a good show?])
You might be saying, "Okay, I like Star Trek, but funds are tight. How am I supposed to make it all the way to Las Vegas?" Thankfully, the Today Show has an answer for you! They just did a segment on Las Vegas and talked about how all the hotels in the area are losing money, so there are some really great deals. I can testify for this fact since I went to Las Vegas in March and stayed at the Bellagio (of Ocean's Eleven fame), which I definitely would not have been able to afford if the country were not in a recession. Take advantage of it while you can!
http://www.examiner.com/x-15329-Albany-Student-Travel-Examiner~y2009m8d7-Star-Trek-Convention-Las-Vegas

0 comments: