BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 30, 2009

Kate Mulgrew Says She Haven't Seen J.J. Abrams Trek Movie Yet, Would Love to Play Admiral Janeway in a Future Star Trek Movie

Sci Fi Now posted a new interview with Star Trek Voyager star Kate Mulgrew and here are few excerpts.


The show drew some criticism for humanising the Borg over the years. Would you say that they became less effective as an adversary as the show went on?


I don't know, I mean Seven Of Nine was a very tough and powerful character to bring on board in the humanisation of the species, so maybe that softens that adversarial relationship, but I don't think in any way mitigated the horror of that final confrontation between Janeway and the Borg Queen. I don't think for one minute that when you saw the Borg Cube approaching Voyager that a terrible chill doesn't run down your spine. I think that with the Borg, resistance is futile, and in the person of Seven Of Nine, it was just a way of trying to further understanding of Roddenberry's vision.

Is there an episode that stands out for you as a favourite?


I loved ‘Death Wish', the discussion of suicide in the Continuum, because I thought that it was the first time that we really saw Janeway in a conundrum. And that's the best of Star Trek, when the dilemma is philosophical. I also loved ‘Counterpoint', where I could have a little love. I loved ‘Endgame', where I had my hand in almost every aspect of that. ‘Final Moment'... I enjoyed a lot of them. A few of them left a little something to be desired, but most of them I thought were very well done.


Have you seen the new Star Trek film?


I haven't, I imagine that I'm going to be asked that all the time! I haven't, but not for any bad reason; it's a reason of comfort. I did Star Trek myself, and I want to enjoy it when I see it, I want to be comfortable when I see it, so I'm going to wait until I can see it in my living room. I understand that both of those young men [Pine and Quinto] are extraordinary. I'm sure it's beautifully done. I just want to see it in the comfort of my home.


Would you ever consider a return to the character of Janeway?


I would, I'd love to return to Janeway! I'd love to do her in a movie, it would be great.


So if JJ Abrams came along and offered...?


I'd love to do it! I think he'd be wise to do it, don't you? He should get Picard and myself in there. I think that's a brilliant idea.

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/10/29/Kate-Mulgrew-Says-She-Havent-Seen-JJ-AbramsnbspTrek-Movie-Yet-Would-Love-to-Play-Admiral-Janeway-Again-in-a-Future-Star-Trek-Movie.shtml

0 comments: