BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 26, 2009

Exclusive : Marina Sirtis Addresses Her Opinion on the Next Generation Movies and J.J. Abrams Star Trek Movie, Talks Future Projects


In this exclusive interview, TrekWeb talks to Star Trek The Generation actress Marina Sirtis, in which she talks about her opinion on the TNG movies, the J.J. Abrams Star Trek movie and more. Here is the interview :

Ms Sirtis, how do you feel to be involved in such an event as the Astronaut Autograph Show this November ?

I do a lot of autograph shows but I must admit that this one is special as we don't often get the chance to meet real astronauts, the people we are emulating on Star Trek. Being afraid of heights, I have never wanted to go into space but I have nothing but the greatest admiration for the brave people who do so.

Lets talk about the Star Trek movies. There was Generations, and then there was First Contact, then Insurrection and then Nemesis. How do you feel about them?

My favorite of all the movies was First Contact. I thought it was a great script and loved being directed by Jonathan. The others I liked in varying degrees but it was always a joy working with my lovely cast. After the series ended I think we all looked forward to working together again.

What is your opinion about J.J. Abrams Star Trek reboot ?

I think JJ and the actors did an amazing job. I went to the premiere with Jonathan and it was so exciting to feel the buzz surrounding another Star Trek movie. At times like that, one can't help but feel proud to be involved in a franchise that has so successfully endured for over 40 years.

You recorded the commentary with Jonathan Frakes for the new release of Insurrection on DVD and Blu-Ray, plus a few new interviews as well, including a special feature entitled Reunion with the Rikers, again with Mr Frakes. Did you enjoyed ? It was fun ?

I had never done a commentary before and I was surprised at how much fun it was. Jonathan and I had a hoot. We basically commented on everything including the hairstyles! I hope the fans enjoyed it as much as we did.

Finally, tell us about your future projects, such as the sci-fi movie Doomsday and your role as a greek protistute in The Cleveland Show.

I was thrilled to be asked to be in Doomsday as the part I played, Paxton, was written for a man. I had worked with the director, Nick Lyon, On Grendel and it was his idea to cast me. The film is about particle colliders and while we were filming they activated the real one in Switzerland. Talk about life imitating art!

31 North 62 East, a political thriller just opened in the UK and Otis E is going to be shown at the LA film festival next week.
One of my favorite projects, Green Street 2:Stand Your Ground is available on DVD.

TrekWeb wants to thanks Ms Sirtis for her kindness and her time to writing this brief interview. Thank you.

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/10/26/Exclusive-Marina-Sirtis-Addresses-His-Opinion-on-the-Next-Generation-Movies-and-JJ-Abrams-Star-Trek-Movie-Talks-Future-Projects-and-Events.shtml

0 comments: