BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Star Trek's Uhura: Ready to Take Her Shirt Off Again




















Beam us up, Scotty!

Zoe Saldana says she's on board to start filming the sequel to this summer's blockbuster megahit Star Trek.

"We're working on it," Saldana, who plays Uhura in director J.J. Abrams' revived sci-fi franchise, tells me. "They were calling to see where we were going to be and how my schedule is next year."

She smiled, "Just that was worth me doing a cartwheel when I got the phone call, because I cannot wait to put on the suit and go back to the Enterprise, take my shirt off and be with all those yummy guys."

For those who can't wait that long for more Saldana, we've got Avatar coming up. Yes, she's seen director James Cameron's much anticipated flick, in which she stars as Neytiri…

"Just last Friday, I went to Fox and Jim was able to show me scenes along with [composer] James Horner's music incorporated in it," Saldana said. "O-M-G is all I'm going to say."

She was willing to share more about The Losers, an indie that its filmmakers are hoping to take to the Sundance Film Festival.

"I play a toughass broad—sort of like a viper, snaky girl," Saldana said. "Guys find it really sexy when they see a girl hanging from wires with guns. They even like it more when there's a girl-on-guy fight and it looks like she's kicking his ass.

"Jeffrey Dean Morgan was such a gentleman," she added with a laugh. "He was like, 'Zoe, you can kick my butt any day.' "

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b150559_star_treks_uhura_ready_take_her_shirt.html

0 comments: