BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

No Leonard Nemoy for a 3-D Star Trek 2?

While Leonard Nimoy has said that his days of working on Star Trek have run their course, director J.J. Abrams addressed this concern in a press junkent for the Star Trek DVD/Blu-Ray, saying that this is not necessarily the case.

I can't imagine a Star Trek movie not needing him. I'm sure that what he's saying is a combination of modesty and honesty. He may actually feel that way. But, the truth is, we could never have made this movie without him, and working with him again would be a joy. It is clearly too early, given that we are just now talking story, to conclude whether or not Spock Prime is in the film or not. Do I want to work with him again? Of course, 100%. I’d love to.

Abrams also explained that Star Trek was almost made in 3-D, which was stopped when he became too nervous about the technology. He claims the sequel may be different.

Paramount talked to me about doing the first one in 3-D and, having it only be my second film, I was petrified just at the addition of it. I thought it would be another dimension of pain-in-the-ass. I was just like, "I want to make a decent 2-D movie." I was so worried that, instead of being a decent 2-D movie, it would have been a bad 3-D one. I'm open to looking at it 'cause now I feel a little bit more comfortable. And, if I, in fact, direct the Star Trek sequel, 3-D could be really fun, so I'm open to it. What I've seen of Avatar makes me want to do it because it's so crazy-cool looking.

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/4772/no-leonard-nemoy-for-a-3-d-star-trek-2

0 comments: