BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rod Roddenberry Says He was Blown Away by J.J. Abrams Star Trek Movie

Beam story to friend
Join our newsletter
Syndicate news
The Wrap posted a new interview with producer Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry, the son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, in which he talks about the new graphic novel series, "Days Missing," which will make its debut at the Comic-Con convention. Here is an excerpt of the interview.

"Star Trek" is heading to Blu-ray and DVD in November -- what did you think about the reboot?

I have to admit I that I was skeptical. I had met with a few of J.J.'s producers two years before it was released, and I think they were just sort of checking me out to see what my potential involvement would be, and I really didn't want to have any involvement. This was going to be J.J.'s thing, and I was fine with that.

But I was blown away. I was really, really proud of what J.J. did, and I know my father would have been.

He kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.


How did it match your father's vision?


It's true to a lot of the canon of "Star Trek." It also did not disrespect the fans by disrupting anything that had been previously established. You're going to have the hardcore people out there picking it apart -- and I'm sure I would have done it differently and I'm sure my father would have done it differently -- but J.J did a fantastic job.

What impact do you think its successwill have on the franchise moving forward?

It will give "Star Trek" a rebirth, so to speak. I'm guessing there's going to be a second movie. I'm not saying that because I'm in the know. I'm saying that because it would be foolish not to do one.

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/07/21/Rod-Roddenberry-Says-He-was-Blown-Away-by-JJ-Abrams-Star-Trek-Movie.shtml

0 comments: