BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Will Old Spock Reappear In The Next Trek Movie?





Think that Leonard Nimoy was in JJ Abrams' Star Trek as a way of appeasing old fans and passing the torch onto the new cast, only to never be seen again? Think again: Nimoy is open to reprising the character.

Talking to SciFi Wire, Nimoy hinted that, depending on what the writers end up planning, we may see his Spock - sorry, I can't call him Spock Prime without thinking of this guy - again:

I have no illusions on whether or not they need me. They decided that they wanted to make this film using Spock as kind of an anchor for the story, which I think worked very, very well. They don't have to do that again. If they decide they have a role for me to play, I would be very interested in talking to them about it... My sense is that he has some work to do. He talked about establishing a new Vulcan colony, and I think he will be very involved in that. If we never see him again that is what I would imagine he is doing. He is busy rebuilding the Vulcan story.

While I would happily let OG Spock drift into continuity limbo after the last movie, I can't help but feel as if that last comment sounds like a William Shatner-esque series of spin-off novels should be created at the very least, surely...

What's next for Spock Prime? Trek's Nimoy speaks [SciFi Wire]

http://io9.com/5312116/will-old-spock-reappear-in-the-next-trek-movie

0 comments: